The Pigeon Hole.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  
anyone use V perches for ybs? Banner_versele anyone use V perches for ybs? Eijerkamp anyone use V perches for ybs? Elimar anyone use V perches for ybs? Bbc anyone use V perches for ybs? Gsverkerk

anyone use V perches for ybs?

Go down 
+2
kennyb
pages-pigeons
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pages-pigeons

pages-pigeons

anyone use V perches for ybs? Empty
PostSubject: anyone use V perches for ybs?   anyone use V perches for ybs? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:28 pm

hi guys as title says im thinking of trying the v perches this year in my yb loft, i will be seperating the cocks and hens as soon as i can but do you think i can still motivate them with just v perches on a friday when i put them together?
cheers
Back to top Go down
kennyb

kennyb

PostSubject: Re: anyone use V perches for ybs?   anyone use V perches for ybs? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:38 pm

pages-pigeons wrote:
hi guys as title says im thinking of trying the v perches this year in my yb loft, i will be seperating the cocks and hens as soon as i can but do you think i can still motivate them with just v perches on a friday when i put them together?
cheers
im same boat, goin on v,s next year, n hoping ther ok, a few i naw hav great succsess with them
Back to top Go down
pages-pigeons

pages-pigeons

PostSubject: Re: anyone use V perches for ybs?   anyone use V perches for ybs? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:42 pm

kennyb wrote:
pages-pigeons wrote:
cheers
im same boat, goin on v,s next year, n hoping ther ok, a few i naw hav great succsess with them

i used box perches befor but ive been told you can put the bowls on the floor and they will nest in them if i was to let them pair after the first few races? i quite like v perches think it keeps the birds clean and dont take up much room?
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: anyone use V perches for ybs?   anyone use V perches for ybs? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:07 pm

pages-pigeons wrote:
cheers

the answer to your question is no,
thats my opinion
the reason for this is i dont think they will be able to settle and get happy in v perches an how many can fond and call on the corner
if you say 5 ie 4 corners and 1 in the middle,
plus i dont like v perches as they tend to crap on each other and look a mess,

this year we bought in pippo boxes and we had a great year with ybs they were left together, and just moved the pippo boxes as and when felt right,
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: anyone use V perches for ybs?   anyone use V perches for ybs? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:08 pm

also on pippo boxes you tend to notice more things in 9 yb races we got the pool bird right 6 times and we only pool 4 each week and starting with 30 its not easy to do
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: anyone use V perches for ybs?   anyone use V perches for ybs? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:17 pm

we just have box perches for young birds,we leave them all together no seperating sex,s.if they do pair together we put bowls in on the floor and rest ply up against the wall with bowls behined them ,
Back to top Go down
jimrobo59

jimrobo59

PostSubject: Re: anyone use V perches for ybs?   anyone use V perches for ybs? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 9:59 pm

Tried v perches this season for ybs . found quite a few developed slightly bent keels.
easier to clean but tails get dirty.going back to boxes next season. santa
Back to top Go down
kennyb

kennyb

PostSubject: Re: anyone use V perches for ybs?   anyone use V perches for ybs? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:31 am

jimrobo59 wrote:
Tried v perches this season for ybs . found quite a few developed slightly bent keels.

hi jim, im goin on v,s this year n im making my own, so that they dont get dirty , u just hav make the board longer then the pigeon, so the drropping roll off the perch onto floor, not on the ones underneath f u naw what i mean, n motivation will be old crisp boxes on the loft floor, great nest boxes 4 young pigeons
Back to top Go down
pages-pigeons

pages-pigeons

PostSubject: Re: anyone use V perches for ybs?   anyone use V perches for ybs? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:04 am

kennyb wrote:
jimrobo59 wrote:

hi jim, im goin on v,s this year n im making my own, so that they dont get dirty , u just hav make the board longer then the pigeon, so the drropping roll off the perch onto floor, not on the ones underneath f u naw what i mean, n motivation will be old crisp boxes on the loft floor, great nest boxes 4 young pigeons

alot of people say the birds get dirty but i seen a guy who only keeps pure white doves all on v perches his birds were fine he said he uses them because the birds drag there tails in the boxes and they get dirty he also said if there was a problem with the size of the v perches they would just make them longer but they dont, ive even seen ybs kept on t perches 6"x2.5" summet like that and i gotta say they looked clean to, im going to use v perches next year id love to use pipo boxes but just take up to much room,i put my hens on poles and its only the floor under the poles that need scraping hens are spotless,its like anything some like some dont hey i mite be on here next year saying who wants 50 v perches lol
Back to top Go down
rene
Admin
rene

PostSubject: Re: anyone use V perches for ybs?   anyone use V perches for ybs? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:56 am

hi mate i only use box perches now as like the other members i found the YB's end up with bent keels
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone use V perches for ybs?   anyone use V perches for ybs? Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone use V perches for ybs?
Page 1 of 1