The Pigeon Hole.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  
do you treat for respiratory yes or no? Banner_versele do you treat for respiratory yes or no? Eijerkamp do you treat for respiratory yes or no? Elimar do you treat for respiratory yes or no? Bbc do you treat for respiratory yes or no? Gsverkerk

do you treat for respiratory yes or no?

Go down 
+3
alan harrison
fletch
pages-pigeons
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pages-pigeons

pages-pigeons

do you treat for respiratory yes or no? Empty
PostSubject: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:16 pm

hi guys do any of you treat for respiratory ? ofcourse if your birds are showing signs but what if there not? i was chatting to a guy who said his birds seemed fine but tried some stuff from spain said his birds flew better, i just wondered if others treated or use something as a natural treatment
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:36 pm

pages-pigeons wrote:
hi guys do any of you treat for respiratory ? ofcourse if your birds are showing signs but what if there not? i was chatting to a guy who said his birds seemed fine but tried some stuff from spain said his birds flew better, i just wondered if others treated or use something as a natural treatment

yes i use mycroform t once every 2 weeks its made up of natural products and i think is really good
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:52 pm

only if they are showing signs in the raceing season
Back to top Go down
phil fishlock

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:30 pm

i think it very important to keep the birds clear especially when training and racing , try running 500 yds with a peg on your nose, also i think a lot of youngsters are lost when suffering with respiratory infections especially when their eyes are clouded its like trying to see through frosted glass MycoformT from Aviform good stuff
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:43 pm

phil fishlock wrote:
i think it very important to keep the birds clear especially when training and racing , try running 500 yds with a peg on your nose, also i think a lot of youngsters are lost when suffering with respiratory infections especially when their eyes are clouded its like trying to see through frosted glass MycoformT from Aviform good stuff

well said mate agree with ya about losses to yb i find it a thing that you should be kept on top of as it only shows in birds when the case of it has ivolved quite bad
Back to top Go down
rene
Admin
rene

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:54 pm

phil fishlock wrote:

Hi Phil when and how offten would you giv this to the birds ?
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:57 pm

rene wrote:
phil fishlock wrote:

Hi Phil when and how offten would you giv this to the birds ?

i use it once every 2 weeks genrelly on a tuesday but if you were to buy it i would treat with it for 5 days to make sure there is no hidden respriory infection you cant see,
is a real good product in my eyes and cheap
Back to top Go down
rene
Admin
rene

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:01 pm

il have to see if they sell it when i go to Blackpool what dose it go in to thier water or over the food?
Back to top Go down
pages-pigeons

pages-pigeons

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:24 am

do you guys use any other aviform products i no boddy and ridewood sell the 4 pack at 39 quid i was told that ultimate was good, think tumley lofts use it to aid against worms canker cocci ,they giv it stock birds, i have some stuff called clearway but it just smells like ive put cider vinegar in the water dont think its very good only 499 a bottle
Back to top Go down
phil fishlock

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 4:41 pm

For old birds i would give it once a fortnight , try to give it the day they go to a National or over seas surprising what they can pick up in the baskets , Young birds i would give it every Friday before a race and when they get home, or use this one week and a alternative the following week , we've used Aviform Ultimate for years and wouldn't be with out it, all our birds get it on a Sunday and Monday, but please treat your birds for everything before ,it will really help the birds but they have to be clear to start with, usually Aviform stall at Blackpool sells certain stuff two for the price of one while stock lasts, we find as well as Aviform ,gem products are really good to, Phil
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:14 pm

rene wrote:
il have to see if they sell it when i go to Blackpool what dose it go in to thier water or over the food?

goes in the water mate i think its a great product
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:15 pm

pages-pigeons wrote:
do you guys use any other aviform products i no boddy and ridewood sell the 4 pack at 39 quid i was told that ultimate was good, think tumley lofts use it to aid against worms canker cocci ,they giv it stock birds, i have some stuff called clearway but it just smells like ive put cider vinegar in the water dont think its very good only 499 a bottle

no just mycroform but i do use cider vinegar as well from asda £1.19 a bottle
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:16 pm

phil fishlock wrote:
For old birds i would give it once a fortnight , try to give it the day they go to a National or over seas surprising what they can pick up in the baskets , Young birds i would give it every Friday before a race and when they get home, or use this one week and a alternative the following week , we've used Aviform Ultimate for years and wouldn't be with out it, all our birds get it on a Sunday and Monday, but please treat your birds for everything before ,it will really help the birds but they have to be clear to start with, usually Aviform stall at Blackpool sells certain stuff two for the price of one while stock lasts, we find as well as Aviform ,gem products are really good to, Phil

dont use it that much but i think it is a great product and highlited bit so true
Back to top Go down
marmite

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:00 pm

i use aqueouse iodine once every 2 wks in water get it from chemists costs tenner a bottle lasts a whole season have done this for last 30 yrs spose its just habit now but tbh have never really noticed respiratory probs with birds as lofts are always open to fresh air 24/7 and not overcrowded think thats 1 of the biggest probs overcrowding atb clive
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:27 pm

marmite wrote:
i use aqueouse iodine once every 2 wks in water get it from chemists costs tenner a bottle lasts a whole season have done this for last 30 yrs spose its just habit now but tbh have never really noticed respiratory probs with birds as lofts are always open to fresh air 24/7 and not overcrowded think thats 1 of the biggest probs overcrowding atb clive

really agree with the over crowding mate,
Back to top Go down
rene
Admin
rene

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:41 am

fletchlives wrote:
marmite wrote:

really agree with the over crowding mate,

ditto on that
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:23 pm

if its there treat it if its not why bother
Back to top Go down
feather

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:16 am

there are hundreds are products on the market for respiratory but really depends if you want to cure it or prevent it as there are different treatments for different problems personally for prevention mycro form t to cure doxi but then you must remember when useing antbiotics you must multi vits but even if multi vits isnt used in correct manner you can cause the pigeon more harm ie if you use multi vit put on corn as when put in drinker sudden changes in temp causes bactrial infection to pigeons ie soar crop hope this helps

you pigeons will tell you if they are not right good heathly pigeons will exercise
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:49 pm

feather wrote:
there are hundreds are products on the market for respiratory but really depends if you want to cure it or prevent it as there are different treatments for different problems personally for prevention mycro form t to cure doxi but then you must remember when useing antbiotics you must multi vits but even if multi vits isnt used in correct manner you can cause the pigeon more harm ie if you use multi vit put on corn as when put in drinker sudden changes in temp causes bactrial infection to pigeons ie soar crop hope this helps

you pigeons will tell you if they are not right good heathly pigeons will exercise

you will never cure it during rhe raceing season as not evryone treats there birds you should see some birds that go through the club baskets on a friday and they wounder why they are miles behined every week.
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:16 am

alan harrison wrote:
feather wrote:

you will never cure it during rhe raceing season as not evryone treats there birds you should see some birds that go through the club baskets on a friday and they wounder why they are miles behined every week.

so true about state of some birds some real mess
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:59 pm

sad but i suppose its the same for every club why they keep birds ill never know,
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:08 pm

alan harrison wrote:
sad but i suppose its the same for every club why they keep birds ill never know,

funny thing is one race this year my dad said so and sos birds looked a mess the next day was a funny race he had 1st and 2nd
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:01 pm

fletchlives wrote:
alan harrison wrote:

funny thing is one race this year my dad said so and sos birds looked a mess the next day was a funny race he had 1st and 2nd

you do get the odd one offs mate,we have a lad in our club always cadging corn for his birds never gives grit,minerals etc,but he always scores from the channel races ,we all say its because his birds get a good feed in the transporter.lol
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 9:34 pm

alan harrison wrote:
fletchlives wrote:
alan harrison wrote:

you do get the odd one offs mate,we have a lad in our club always cadging corn for his birds never gives grit,minerals etc,but he always scores from the channel races ,we all say its because his birds get a good feed in the transporter.lol

thats pigeon racing for ya
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 11:45 pm

oh so true mate oh so true
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do you treat for respiratory yes or no?   do you treat for respiratory yes or no? Empty

Back to top Go down

do you treat for respiratory yes or no?
Page 1 of 1