The Pigeon Hole.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  
what do you treat  Banner_versele what do you treat  Eijerkamp what do you treat  Elimar what do you treat  Bbc what do you treat  Gsverkerk

what do you treat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rene
Admin
rene

what do you treat  Empty
PostSubject: what do you treat    what do you treat  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:28 pm

what do you treat with ? i treat for canker worms ect but what do you treat for 1st scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

what do you treat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you treat    what do you treat  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:36 pm

we always worm the birds first then multi vit for 2 days,then we coxi, multi vit for 3 days ,then canker and multi vit for 7 days. then its fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
jimrobo59

jimrobo59

what do you treat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you treat    what do you treat  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:11 pm

This time we used the Harkers drops on back of neck it supposed to be good for worms and mites , then multivits (abidec) then Harkanka.
Back to top Go down
big pete

big pete

what do you treat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you treat    what do you treat  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:36 pm

always treat ror paratyphoid BEFORE pairing with fural for 7 days, this is the only diseseas that can be passed in the ovum to the chicks, then treat for coxy with coxoid, worms with moxedectin, and canker with ronidazole, giving pro combi multi vits, probiotics etc for 3 to 5 days in between each treatment
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

what do you treat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you treat    what do you treat  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:55 pm

big pete wrote:
always treat ror paratyphoid BEFORE pairing with fural for 7 days, this is the only diseseas that can be passed in the ovum to the chicks, then treat for coxy with coxoid, worms with moxedectin, and canker with ronidazole, giving pro combi multi vits, probiotics etc for 3 to 5 days in between each treatment

have thought about treating for this this year as i heard a lot about it in recent years, but my dad says why treat for something you never treated for before,, plus didnt know what would be best treatment
and reading about the disease it seems that the birds wich are carriers will pass on to chicks each year and are better destroyed to get rid of infection/ carrier and you may never know if they have it without testing and what saying the birds you buy wont be carriers, so unless you see signs of disease could be a waste,
but surely my last sentence goes for all disease,
for one how many of us have seen worms, me for one havent,
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

what do you treat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you treat    what do you treat  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:58 pm

rene wrote:
what do you treat with ? i treat for canker worms ect but what do you treat for 1st scratch scratch

canker with harkers tablets

worms with tablets

coccidoses with coxid

respritory with mycroform t

all done over 5 weeks with vitamins in between and one day of orego stem

but do use mycroform t t once every 2 weeks and use cancex once every 3 weeks in water
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what do you treat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you treat    what do you treat  Empty

Back to top Go down

what do you treat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pigeon Hole.com :: Pigeon health and Feeding-
Jump to: