The Pigeon Hole.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  
 Racing natural system Banner_versele  Racing natural system Eijerkamp  Racing natural system Elimar  Racing natural system Bbc  Racing natural system Gsverkerk

Racing natural system

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rene
Admin
rene

Racing natural system Empty
PostSubject: Racing natural system    Racing natural system EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:02 pm

If you are racing your pigeons on the natural system, and a hen and cock show signs of pairing, separate the two for a couple of days and then put them back together for about thirty to 40 minutes just prior to crating them. The hens cycle will be dissrupted because of the separation, and this will delay the laying process. The separation will also increase both pigeons desire for one another. Letting them see one another for just a few minutes before basketing will increase the bond and also  strengthen their desire for home.
Here is another natural system tip. When a pair has laid and has been sitting for several days, try adding an egg to the nest every other day until they are sitting on 5 or six eggs. Then take the male pigeon and place him in a box or spare cage so that he cannot see his loft, his mate, or his nest. You should do this the night before basketting. Let me explain,if you basket on Friday night, take the cock away on Thursday night. The female won’t realize that the cock is isn’t there until it is his time to care for the nest the following day. She will be extremely reluctant to leave the nest, or even to eat, because of the added eggs and the fact that her mate is not available to take his turn, so she will become even more attached to the nest than normal. You may have to physically take her from the nest and feed her in a separate box so she can drink and eat.
When I take the female away, if time permits,I like to let the cock into the loft. He will see that his nest is unprotected and will hurry to take his turn on the eggs. I let him settle on the nest for a few minutes and then take him away PRIOR TO allowing his female back into the loft. Both birds will race extra hard to come home to protect those eggs when a question has been put into their minds regarding their responsibility for the nest!
Another trick when racing pigeons on the natural system, when a pair starts to nest,  take away one of the mates. This can be either the male or the female, but I like to take out the hen.Let the cock take another mate, and then  take out that mate. When shipping day comes,let both females in with the cock for twenty to 30 minutes, but don’t allow the hens to begin a heavy battle because they could lose form. Ship them all to the race. This trick can be used all season long to motivate either or all of the pigeons at different times.
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: Racing natural system    Racing natural system EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:26 pm

i like the egg one mate ill try that with my channel birds this year
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: Racing natural system    Racing natural system EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:29 pm

nice tricks mate
natural is the best system to try motivatio technices
Back to top Go down
rene
Admin
rene

PostSubject: Re: Racing natural system    Racing natural system EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 9:18 pm

i would of given it a go if i wouldnt of been givin the roundabout ago this year
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: Racing natural system    Racing natural system EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 2:38 pm

rene wrote:
i would of given it a go if i wouldnt of been givin the roundabout ago this year

i personally think the roundabout is a verry busy system but what ever works for ya mate
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: Racing natural system    Racing natural system EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:10 pm

iam trying 8 cocks and hens on roundabout this year,would you advise letting them bring up 1 youngster
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: Racing natural system    Racing natural system EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:55 pm

alan harrison wrote:
iam trying 8 cocks and hens on roundabout this year,would you advise letting them bring up 1 youngster

for me mate i would we always let the bird breed whatever system they on we thought about not breeding this year but could not see it being the right point
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: Racing natural system    Racing natural system EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:05 pm

fletch wrote:
alan harrison wrote:

for me mate i would we always let the bird breed whatever system they on we thought about not breeding this year but could not see it being the right point

cheers mate there just sat 4 days now so i think i will let them bring up 1 youngster each
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: Racing natural system    Racing natural system EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:41 pm

alan harrison wrote:
fletch wrote:
alan harrison wrote:

cheers mate there just sat 4 days now so i think i will let them bring up 1 youngster each

yeah wont take to much out of them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing natural system    Racing natural system Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing natural system
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pigeon Hole.com :: Help and Advise for beginers.-
Jump to: