The Pigeon Hole.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  
rearing young birds Banner_versele rearing young birds Eijerkamp rearing young birds Elimar rearing young birds Bbc rearing young birds Gsverkerk

rearing young birds

Go down 
+2
fletch
kennyb
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kennyb

kennyb

rearing young birds Empty
PostSubject: rearing young birds   rearing young birds EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:33 am

morning members, how do we all rear our young birds,in the nest ,, ie via hopper, morning n ngt, in pots etc, and whats the best feed you found ????
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: rearing young birds   rearing young birds EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:26 am

morning and night pots full and also leave feed truff with beans in
use a good breeding mix like to have maize in it though
Back to top Go down
pages-pigeons

pages-pigeons

PostSubject: Re: rearing young birds   rearing young birds EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:31 pm

i feed in there box day+night i did feed bamfords breed and ween but going onto versa larga as just brought theres and it looks very good so all birds on versa larga now
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: rearing young birds   rearing young birds EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:11 pm

pages-pigeons wrote:
i feed in there box day+night i did feed bamfords breed and ween but going onto versa larga as just brought theres and it looks very good so all birds on versa larga now

did use breed and ween in the past but not a lot of bigger corns in it
Back to top Go down
pages-pigeons

pages-pigeons

PostSubject: Re: rearing young birds   rearing young birds EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:17 pm

fletchlives wrote:
pages-pigeons wrote:

did use breed and ween in the past but not a lot of bigger corns in it

yeh few guys like to add some big peas or feed just peas it doesnt bother me
Back to top Go down
phil fishlock

PostSubject: Re: rearing young birds   rearing young birds EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:50 am

Morning feed we use a good Breeder mix, we add some groats, and a squeaker mix, a big spoon of any oil, and a spoon of S M A baby powder, this is fed in their trough has much as they eat, try not to leave any about for it to get soiled, then evening feed is the Beans and peas first and topped up with the breeders, We find they feed the youngsters better by feeding twice or even three times a day as the days get longer, they don't seem to have the same appetite when hopper fed,
Back to top Go down
jimrobo59

jimrobo59

PostSubject: Re: rearing young birds   rearing young birds EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Once ybs are being fed on hard corn we feed them bucktons high speed wich is beans ,maples tares. its in pots right through till weaning stage morning and night , then once they are moved we give them same with a four seasons mix 3 to 1 thats 3 high speed to 1 four season , this is fed right through till racing begins, then we feed them 3 to 1 thats 3 four season to 1 high speed. plenty of protien because they are still growing.
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: rearing young birds   rearing young birds EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:09 pm

a good youg bird mix versa larga, and a good conditioner all day in hopper also a mix of gemthapax 4 days a week
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rearing young birds   rearing young birds Empty

Back to top Go down

rearing young birds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pigeon Hole.com :: Pigeon health and Feeding-
Jump to: