The Pigeon Hole.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  
Hows everyone handling the snow?  Banner_versele Hows everyone handling the snow?  Eijerkamp Hows everyone handling the snow?  Elimar Hows everyone handling the snow?  Bbc Hows everyone handling the snow?  Gsverkerk

Hows everyone handling the snow?

Go down 
+2
jimrobo59
pages-pigeons
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pages-pigeons

pages-pigeons

Hows everyone handling the snow?  Empty
PostSubject: Hows everyone handling the snow?    Hows everyone handling the snow?  EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:39 am

well guys still snowing here in derby birds dont seem to bothered frozen drinkers in my stock loft due to whole into flight area,but rest fine, glad my birds are in my back garden and not on my allotment could cause probs for some flyers that? my birds need to get use to snow for when flying back from lerwick all the snow on the mountains lol
Back to top Go down
jimrobo59

jimrobo59

PostSubject: Re: Hows everyone handling the snow?    Hows everyone handling the snow?  EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:57 am

Feel sorry for the fanciers on allotments who have to trek through all this snow carrying water if they have no water on tap or if the pipes are frozen especialy the older people, I flew on an allotment and know how it feels, best thing I ever did was get a loft in my back garden ,one of the lucky ones I suppose santa
Back to top Go down
pages-pigeons

pages-pigeons

PostSubject: Re: Hows everyone handling the snow?    Hows everyone handling the snow?  EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:49 pm

jimrobo59 wrote:
Feel sorry for the fanciers on allotments who have to trek through all this snow carrying water if they have no water on tap or if the pipes are frozen especialy the older people, I flew on an allotment and know how it feels, best thing I ever did was get a loft in my back garden ,one of the lucky ones I suppose santa

im with you on that my allotment is only up the road but still a treck with water and stuff and im only 31, i use to keep chickens and tumblers on there and it was a pain in the arse when it was summer, id rather have a tiny set up in back garden than a big set up on a allotment, although misses would beg to differ lol
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: Hows everyone handling the snow?    Hows everyone handling the snow?  EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 7:25 pm

birds seem ok have given them a little more food but take water out at night
Back to top Go down
rene
Admin
rene

PostSubject: Re: Hows everyone handling the snow?    Hows everyone handling the snow?  EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:08 pm

i put a pinch of salt and a table tennis ball in it
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: Hows everyone handling the snow?    Hows everyone handling the snow?  EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:16 pm

iam used to it now
Back to top Go down
phil fishlock

PostSubject: Re: Hows everyone handling the snow?    Hows everyone handling the snow?  EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:01 am

Yea we are on an allotment and this week we've had to change the water twice a day as it is freezing quite quickly but luckily we've haven't had much snow just severs frosts so far , birds are ok though Phil
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: Hows everyone handling the snow?    Hows everyone handling the snow?  EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:57 pm

all drinkers frozen well over today nightmare
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: Hows everyone handling the snow?    Hows everyone handling the snow?  EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:47 pm

it froze tottally from 6am to 6pm today
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: Hows everyone handling the snow?    Hows everyone handling the snow?  EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:11 pm

fed up of it now seems to of been around for ages finally got rid of all other snow and then another load comes
Back to top Go down
rene
Admin
rene

PostSubject: Re: Hows everyone handling the snow?    Hows everyone handling the snow?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:17 am

think iv been lucky up to now think mines only frozen over once rendeer rendeer
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: Hows everyone handling the snow?    Hows everyone handling the snow?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:16 pm

all sections water frozen solid for last 3 days all except stock loft which has deep litter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hows everyone handling the snow?    Hows everyone handling the snow?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hows everyone handling the snow?
Page 1 of 1