The Pigeon Hole.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  
ONE EYED COLD.....??? Banner_versele ONE EYED COLD.....??? Eijerkamp ONE EYED COLD.....??? Elimar ONE EYED COLD.....??? Bbc ONE EYED COLD.....??? Gsverkerk

ONE EYED COLD.....???

Go down 
+2
fletch
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David

David

ONE EYED COLD.....??? Empty
PostSubject: ONE EYED COLD.....???   ONE EYED COLD.....??? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 5:55 pm

noticed today one of my 2010 hens has one-eyed cold, have tried to buy one eye cold tablets (old hand) and no one sells them any more...............they gave me some eye drops but it doesnt say on the label its for this, only to prevent infection during racing etc.........anyone have any suggestions on the best way to treat ????

THANKS.
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: ONE EYED COLD.....???   ONE EYED COLD.....??? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 6:47 pm

am sure i heard the old tea bag does the trick but not tried it myself so cant say if it works
Back to top Go down
rene
Admin
rene

PostSubject: Re: ONE EYED COLD.....???   ONE EYED COLD.....??? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:35 pm

hi david you might think im takin the peest he but im not get some asperin the the bird half a tablet for 3 day ive used it and yes i found it works my dad used to say if your a non smoker spit in its eye ive not tried that 1 but he used to swear by it cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: ONE EYED COLD.....???   ONE EYED COLD.....??? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 8:45 pm

rene wrote:
hi david you might think im takin the peest he but im not get some asperin the the bird half a tablet for 3 day ive used it and yes i found it works my dad used to say if your a non smoker spit in its eye ive not tried that 1 but he used to swear by it cheers cheers

why a non smoker
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: ONE EYED COLD.....???   ONE EYED COLD.....??? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 9:29 pm

because the chemicals in the salvia from tobbaco will irritate it and infect it more
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: ONE EYED COLD.....???   ONE EYED COLD.....??? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 11:17 pm

better remember this being a non smoker
Back to top Go down
jj

PostSubject: Re: ONE EYED COLD.....???   ONE EYED COLD.....??? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:13 am

rene wrote:

i have been told about this but thought i was having the piss taken out of me lol!
Back to top Go down
big pete

big pete

PostSubject: Re: ONE EYED COLD.....???   ONE EYED COLD.....??? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:30 pm

rene wrote:

YOU SURE YOUR DAD DIDN'T SAY IF CATCH A STOAT ASLEEP!! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: ONE EYED COLD.....???   ONE EYED COLD.....??? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:34 pm

DAVID wrote:

noticed today one of my 2010 hens has one-eyed cold, have tried to buy one eye cold tablets (old hand) and no one sells them any more...............they gave me some eye drops but it doesnt say on the label its for this, only to prevent infection during racing etc.........anyone have any suggestions on the best way to treat ????

THANKS.

ifyou have problems getting the old hands tablets let me know and ill get some sent to you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ONE EYED COLD.....???   ONE EYED COLD.....??? Empty

Back to top Go down

ONE EYED COLD.....???
Page 1 of 1