The Pigeon Hole.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  
what floor dressing to use? Banner_versele what floor dressing to use? Eijerkamp what floor dressing to use? Elimar what floor dressing to use? Bbc what floor dressing to use? Gsverkerk

what floor dressing to use?

Go down 
+10
big pete
MYOB
chocolate
David
alan harrison
rene
friendsloft
fletch
jimrobo59
pages-pigeons
14 posters
AuthorMessage
pages-pigeons

pages-pigeons

what floor dressing to use? Empty
PostSubject: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 1:29 pm

hi guys wanting to put some dressing on my stock loft floor cheap as possible what do u guys use?also what disinfectant ?
cheers
Back to top Go down
jimrobo59

jimrobo59

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Our birds are scraped out once a day and a sprinkling of sand
is put down. Once a fortnight the lofts are sprayed out with Jeyes
fluid, we always basket the birds when this is done and take water fountains
minerals,grit out of the lofts till dry.
Back to top Go down
fletch

fletch

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:42 pm

i like a clean and empty floor it gets cleaned every day,
when we part yb we put in easy bed the birds love it they mouch about it and its ok and its easy to clean it just need raking every day,
i know people who leave in for 18 months so is a cheap option long time
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
moderators
moderators
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:27 pm

Clean floor for me just sprinkle loft white on floor and brush in , spray and blow torch the lofts once a month
Ken
Back to top Go down
pages-pigeons

pages-pigeons

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 8:29 pm

like u guys i scrape everyday but mite give easy bed a go just on my stock loft see how it is
cheers guys
Back to top Go down
rene
Admin
rene

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:11 pm

friendsloft wrote:
Clean floor for me just sprinkle loft white on floor and brush in , spray and blow torch the lofts once a month
Ken

same as you ken apart from i dont blow tourch and spray every month was using easy bed for a while but it gets suck to the shoes and fine you tred it into the house
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:42 pm

wood shaveings deep and raked over once a week sprayed with jayes fluid every 2 weeks
Back to top Go down
David

David

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:52 pm

in my stock shed i have horse bedding lay soft down, which i find very good and just needs raking over and the droppings removing each day.......in the rest of the loft i use verselega columbine floor whitener and usuall scrape out every day during the season..
Back to top Go down
chocolate

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:18 am

we use easybed its great stuff
Back to top Go down
MYOB

MYOB

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 11:41 am

i never dissinfect my loft the birds get better immunity and i use easybed in the winter months it gets them in shape for the shows Very Happy
Back to top Go down
big pete

big pete

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:11 pm

excuse my ignorance, but can anyone tell me the difference between easy bed and wood shavings?? and is it much dearer?? going to put deep litter in my new stock loft, thanks
Back to top Go down
jj

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:04 am

i scrape boxes perches twice a day and the floor once a week when i clean the whole loft out then spray with jeys fluid dry it off then put floor whitner down
Back to top Go down
D & P A

D & P A

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:21 pm

rene wrote:
friendsloft wrote:
Ken

same as you ken apart from i dont blow tourch and spray every month was using easy bed for a while but it gets suck to the shoes and fine you tred it into the house

dont you mean us Dad cos its us that helps you aswell
Back to top Go down
Henk Obee

Henk Obee

PostSubject: floor dressing   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Inside I scrape every day (I like a clean and dry floor) I have no floor or loft heating.

Outside, in the aviaries, I use wood chips, throughout the season. Once a week I rake.

The widow hens sit separately, in a cage with a mesh floor (1,5 x 1,5 cm)

I never use any spray on the floor.

Twice a year, the lofts are whitened with lime, before breeding and after the flights. (natural lime, mixed with water and a parasite killer)

Thats all.

Back to top Go down
friendsloft
moderators
moderators
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi Henk when i was a youngster i used to use lime wash on the walls, but havent used it for years now, that tip was handed down to me by my granfather
Ken
Back to top Go down
Henk Obee

Henk Obee

PostSubject: [b]white lime[/b]   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:56 pm

After the second world war in Rotterdam was a big housing shortage. My grandfather kept pigeons in his attic. My parents get in 1948 a part of his loft in that attic., so they would have a place to live. When I was born my grandfather had to demolish three breedingpens to make a room for me. I am literally born among pigeons and white lime.
I never used anything else and more importantly, I feel myself at home in my loft. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
moderators
moderators
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:03 pm

Nice story Henk, i always remember my granfathers loft it was painted Black and White and you could smell the lime in the lofts, my granfather had 14 children but not one took an interest, i was his first granchild, i my first memories are sitting on the steps of the pigeon loft, I was about 7 when he died and i prsuded my mum and dad to let me have grandads pigeons, and for years i kept up the use of lime on the walls, its true what they say you dont choose pigeons they choose you once in ur blood its there for life
Ken
Back to top Go down
rene
Admin
rene

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:14 pm

totaly agree with you on that ken when thier there there to stay eh lol
Back to top Go down
alan harrison

alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 10:03 pm

how very true mate thanks for sharing it with us
Back to top Go down
phil fishlock

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:35 am

We use horse bedding called Hempcore a big bail costs us about £9.95, but it does last , we sieve ours now and again and pick any lumps up, we have used dry sand and lime works well as long as loft is really dry as does any deep litter, we don't disinfect regularly as we try to keep the loft dry, disinfect before breeding and again when the racers have reared their round, after we use a bit of loft white, Phil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what floor dressing to use?   what floor dressing to use? Empty

Back to top Go down

what floor dressing to use?
Page 1 of 1