The Pigeon Hole.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  
Birds per square feet Banner_versele Birds per square feet Eijerkamp Birds per square feet Elimar Birds per square feet Bbc Birds per square feet Gsverkerk

Birds per square feet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
confederatemule

Location : I am in the Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana corner of Texas

Birds per square feet Empty
PostSubject: Birds per square feet   Birds per square feet EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 5:07 pm

I have spent my spare time for the last several days searching for information about birds per square feet. The most common answer is two feet per bird. The next answer is one foot, then some folks say three feet.

Well, if V perches are one foot apart, going up, then seems to me that each foot up is another floor.

So, as I see it, a loft 4'x8'x1' can have 16 perches. A loft 4'x8'x4' can have 64 perches.

Therefore it seems to me that the only way to try to get an accurate number to use in building perches is to caculate the cubic feet of the loft.

With 50 birds a loft 4'x8'x4' would work just fine. It could have 64 perches, though.

Am I correct or do I need correcting? If I need correcting please do so.

Mule
Back to top Go down
edgie

Birds per square feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds per square feet   Birds per square feet EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 8:52 am

hi mule in answer to your question , I personaly would not put more than 20 rollers in a loft size 8ft wide x 6ft deep x 6ft high , the space you are talking about would be a disaster, i.e. ventilation you will cause respratory problems over night, imagine all the foul gases of the birds droppings ? .
Back to top Go down

Birds per square feet
Page 1 of 1