The Pigeon Hole.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  
Breed Difference Banner_versele Breed Difference Eijerkamp Breed Difference Elimar Breed Difference Bbc Breed Difference Gsverkerk

Breed Difference

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
confederatemule

Location : I am in the Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana corner of Texas

Breed Difference Empty
PostSubject: Breed Difference   Breed Difference EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 1:30 pm

Is there a way to tell if a domestic pigeon is a homer or roller just by looking at them in a loft?

Mule
Back to top Go down
edgie

Breed Difference Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breed Difference   Breed Difference EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 7:41 am

yes mule there is , they are very different a racing pigeon is 2 to 3 times bigger than a roller
Back to top Go down
confederatemule

Breed Difference Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breed Difference   Breed Difference EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 10:06 am

I am not familiar with either, but I was given approximately 30 tumblers. I got them last night. Now I need to make a place fer them. All I know is what the man said they were and that is that they are tumblers. I've seen them in the air, but never tumble or roll. But, that doesn't matter, to me. I just want to be able to watch them and hear them. They don't have to do any thang in the air other than return to the loft after they are let out. I may never let them out. I may wait for young birds. These birds came from about 1/2 mile from my place.

Mule
Back to top Go down
edgie

Breed Difference Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breed Difference   Breed Difference EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 7:15 am

they will keep you interested for now , and you can learne from them , once they trust you and realize where the food is coming from , I,e you, keep them hungry and you will soon be able to let them out , make sure they can have a good look around them first , fix a small aviary on the loft front , they wont leave you once they get it fixed in there head , I have done this with them in as little as 3 days, Birmingham rollers are the ones to have , once seen never forgotten , I have had this type all my life off and on , in fact I have around 20 at the moment , but my main birds are long distance racers. cheers
Back to top Go down
confederatemule

Breed Difference Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breed Difference   Breed Difference EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Originally I had 28 Tumblers instead of 30. Ten escaped the day after I got them. Five of them went back home since home was only 1/2 mile from me. But, now I have 5 of them back. The other five have not been seen. So, I have 23 Tumblers, I have no idea what family, greed, brand or what ever, just Tumblers.

I now have 47 Janssen Racing pigeons. According to the man I got them from and the man he got them from. Most are fairly young and no other bird has been added to them, so what I have should be the same as what the first owner had. I will not bring in any other pigeon.

I will be very busy fer a good while getting organized and set up for them.

Just wanted to talk to a pigeon fancier. I have not been able to locate any fanciers in my area.

Mule
Back to top Go down
edgie

Breed Difference Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breed Difference   Breed Difference EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 9:01 am

hi mule you can ask me what you like about pigeons , I will always give you an honest answer , I have over 50 years experience with pigeons of all types , look forward to your questions cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breed Difference Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breed Difference   Breed Difference Empty

Back to top Go down

Breed Difference
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pigeon Hole.com :: General Discussions.-
Jump to: